This page contains various graphical assets that can be used by third parties when referring to The Apache Software Foundation or one of its projects. If you do not find the asset you need on this page then please mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Apache Software Foundation owns all Apache-related trademarks, service marks, and graphic logos. You can read our formal Trademark Policy which discusses allowable uses and how to contact us for permissions.
There are two main types of graphic on this page:
Powered By Apache Logos
The “Powered By Apache” logo was created to celebrate The Apache Software Foundation's 15th Anniversary and promote the ASF's more than 200 projects.
The logo was specially created to maintain the unique identity of each Apache project whilst identifying all projects under the Apache umbrella. The Apache community at-large are encouraged to proudly display “Powered By Apache” assets on their Websites, documentation, marketing materials, etc.
Guidelines for the appropriate use of the “Powered By Apache” logo include:
- The “Powered By Apache” circular banded logo may be used standalone with just the Apache feather (denoting general use of an Apache project) or in combination with an official/authorized ASF Project logo;
- The official/authorized Project logo may not be altered in any way other than removing/separating the name(s) where applicable as approved by the associated Project Management Committee;
- The appropriate trademark symbol(s), such as ® or ™, associated with the project's logo must be included in the logo;
- The logo's circular band format, font, and color must not be altered in any way;
- The logo and/or its contents must not be rotated, animated, distorted, or otherwise altered, nor should it be used as a graphic element, background, or pattern;
- The logo and/or its contents must not be translated or localized, nor should it have versioning numbers or other unauthorized words added to it;
- The preferred background color for the logo is white, however, the logo may appear on colored, black, or image/photographic backgrounds providing the logo's legibility is not compromised;
- The logo may be sized and produced in multiple file formats as required by the Project Management Committee, with a preferred minimum size of 80 pixels high in Web/online applications (where possible) to ensure legibility;
- The logo may not, under any circumstances, be incorporated with a third party's company name, product name, or logo(s), or adopt marks and/or logos that are confusingly similar to or imply improper association with The Apache Software Foundation;
- Third parties and programs are not allowed to use official Apache project logos and/or create alternate logos or identifying marks relating to any Apache project without written permission from the associated Project Management Committee and/or ASF Brand Management.
In addition, official Apache Project pages and documentation on apache.org must utilize the appropriate trademark symbols on the respective Project logo, along with the following footnote: "Apache, Apache [PROJECT NAME], and the Apache [PROJECT NAME] logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
Template and Usage
Plain Feather "Powered By Apache" Logo
Per-Project Powered By Logos
Logo's for individual project, such as the ones below, are available in jpg and psd format. They can be retrieved by requesting http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/pb-PROJECTNAME.psd or http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/pb-PROJECTNAME.jpg.
For example, the Powered by Logo for Apache Tomcat can be retrieved from http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/poweredBy/pb-tomcat.jpg
If you are unable to find the logo you are looking for try inspecting the directory listing. If you still can't find what you need please contact the projects mailing list.
Template for the creation of Powered by logos
Feather Graphics Downloads
This section contains downloadable graphics of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) feather trademark.
REMINDER: The feather graphics are trademarks of the ASF, and must not be used without appropriate attribution and permission from the ASF. Please see our formal Trademark Policy for more details.
The latest version of the feather is
feather.gif - Bare feather, no TM symbol - GIF Format
feather.png - Bare feather, no TM symbol - PNG Format
feathertm.gif - Bare feather with TM symbol - GIF Format
Bare feather, no TM symbol, Vector (Scalable) Formats, CMYK colour space
Bare feather, no TM symbol, Vector (Scalable) Formats, RGB colour space
Foundation Logo with Feather
The latest version of the Foundation Logo, including the Feather is
asf_logo.gif - Feather with Foundation Name and URL - GIF Format
asf_logo_wide.png - Feather with Foundation Name and URL, wide - PNG Format
asf_logo.eps Feather with Foundation Name and URL - EPS Format
The Apache Feather and Apache Software Foundation logo have both undergone changes over time. Older versions are available below, but shouldn't normally be used.